You've probably heard of chia seeds and how they are among the healthiest foods on the planet. But do you know that chia seeds, milk and Aojiru can easily be combined to make a tasty and nutritious pudding that will power you through the day?
Aojiru Chia Pudding
Ingredients for 1 large serving:
- 1 cup of almond / soy / rice / coconut / regular or low-fat milk
- 2 sachets of Koplina Green Aojiru Matcha
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract or 1/2 a vanilla pod(optional)
- 1 tbsp of raw honey / maple syrup, to taste (optional)
- Seasonal fruit, nuts and / or chopped dark chocolate for topping
Prep time: 5 minutes
Soak time: 1 - 8 hours
- Combine milk, Aojiru, chia seeds, vanilla and sweetener of choice in a glass jar. Shake / mix well until combined.
- Store covered in the refrigerator overnight or for at least an hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and make sure it looks thick and the chia seeds have gelled. Stir well, top with fresh fruit, nuts or chocolate, grab a spoon and dig in!
Benefits of Koplina Green Aojiru Matcha:
- Improves skin condition
- Keeps you young and healthy
- Improves your intestinal health
- Helps to detoxify the body
- Lowers blood sugar
- Improves metabolism
- Provides essential fibre often missing from modern diet
Benefits of chia seeds:
Once the ultimate energy food for ancient Mayans and Aztecs, chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse packed with anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants, calcium, fibre and protein.